- Clear communication: Keep your employees informed about company news, changes, and goals. Encourage open communication and make sure everyone feels heard.
- Recognition and rewards: Show appreciation for a job well done. Recognize employees for their hard work and contributions to the company.
- Professional development: Invest in your employees’ growth and development by providing training and educational opportunities.
- Flexibility: Allow for flexible work arrangements, such as remote work or flexible schedules, to accommodate employees’ personal and professional needs.
- Work-life balance: Encourage a healthy work-life balance by promoting self-care and encouraging employees to take time off when needed.
- Collaboration and teamwork: Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment by encouraging teamwork and creating opportunities for employees to work together.
- Employee involvement: Involve employees in decision-making and give them a sense of ownership in the company’s success.
- Health and wellness: Promote employee health and well-being by offering programs and benefits such as gym memberships, healthy snacks, and mental health resources.
- Positive company culture: Cultivate a positive company culture by promoting values such as respect, honesty, and integrity.
- Transparency: Foster transparency and trust by being open and honest with employees about the company’s financial and operational status.
- Employee feedback: Regularly solicit feedback from employees and take their suggestions and concerns into account when making decisions.
By implementing these 11 strategies, you can create a happy, engaged, and productive workforce. Remember to always keep an open dialogue with your employees and strive to make the workplace a positive and inclusive environment for all.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Know as the “Work Happiness Expert,” Jody is a an Employee Engagement Strategist, Keynote and TEDx Speaker, Bestselling Author and Speech/Performance Coach. She designs strategies for companies, employees and entrepreneurs based on data, studies, research and experience that result in happier, more productive work and personal lives.
Jody has extensive experience in Television, on Wall Street, as the CEO of a Media Tech Start-Up, in Global Public Speaker (including TEDx), as a Writer/Author and as a Speech/Performance Coach. Jody publishes in the HUFF Post, Thrive Global, Entrepreneur Magazine, CEO Magazine, and more.
Her bestselling books cover finding a dream job (Hired!), finding meaning and happiness in work and life (From Drift to Shift), and she even writes Novels because she loves to use her imagination.
Jody has always believed in the power of going outside the outer most limits of one’s comfort zone in order to affect powerful and positive change.
Her leading book,The MISOGI Method, teaches a way to break through the perils of unhappiness, regardless of socioeconomic position, to create a life of meaning, purpose, love and joy that we never thought possible.